Here is a list of some possible house churches in NZ
If the contact information provided below (address, email or phone) for a Home Church is not correct, please contact Mark Shotbolt (email@example.com) to provide correct contact details. Also, new entries are being added as they are discovered, so if you happen to know of a house church somewhere that is not listed, it would be very helpful to have an email to that effect so I can then check with the leaders involved as to whether they would like to be listed.
Simply click on your region to view listed house churches:
|Auckland||Rotorua & Taupo||Waikanae|
Do you know of any other house churches, micro churches, street churches, organic churches or simple churches please let us know.
- Dargaville – Te Kopuru area. Mark Bell has a house church which has a focus as described in Act 2:42. Contact Mark Bell by email email
- Warkworth – Peter and Meri Armstrong have a house church in the Warkworth area that has been running for many years. They write “It is a low profile, informal gathering of saints. We meet in various homes on Sunday nights, and have several who do teaching. Every second week, we share a meal together. Our members are a mixture of people who also belong to other churches, and of those for whom our gatherings are their only “church”. We are mainly in the older age group, but are open to all who would wish to come”. Contact Peter or Meri on (09)4259386 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Red Beach – there is a house church at Red Beach (Whangaparaoa) that meets on Saturday afternoon, followed by a shared meal. Contact Mark Shotbolt (021 2424604) for details.
- Albany – Barry & Iona McDonald have a house church that meets at 10am on Sunday mornings, starting with a morning tea. Email using link provided or ph (09) 415-5669
- Howick – Sue and Cal Smith run a mid week home church. Contact them by email
- Botany – Mark and Anne Shotbolt have a home church in the Botany area of Howick on Sunday morning, followed by an optional lunch together. Our home church has a strong focus on the Holy Spirit, worship, developing and using all our spiritual gifts, mission, hunger for God and being the Body together – contact by email or ph (09) 533 0114 or Mark 021 2424 604
- Tuakau – Paul and Tina Toschi run a mid week home church. Contact them by phone on 09 237-8343, Paul at 021 298-8527 or email. Paul explains more about about their aspirations for their home church as follows: “We ask God to show us those who are spiritually open, invite them to a shared meal, build a trust relationship, discover interests, family life and interests, building a circle of friends who we can share the gospel with as the Lord leads. When people have received the Lord Jesus as Master and Saviour, we facilitate discipleship groups and pray for discernment to target those with leadership skills to begin new house churches. We will meet regularly with other groups to receive teaching, worship, share communion, baptise new believers, pray for one another and provide practical help to those in need.”
- Hamilton – Melville -contact John Carlisle about their house church meeting fortnightly at Melville on Sunday afternoons. Look here for more information. CIF –Christians in Fellowship
- Hamilton – Fairfield/Chartwell– Michiel Badenhorst has some families meeting together for fellowship and Bible study on Sunday at 3pm. Their home church is described as – ‘We are really just about the Word of God, working through books of the Bible, expounding on Scripture and seeking the application for our daily lives. One of our big focusses is also on eschatology as we really hope and believe that the return of Christ is imminent.’ They have a website for their studies nz4truth – contact via email Michiel
- Hamilton – Stuart and Deearn Strawbridge open their home to those who would like to share a meal, worship, and Christ’s goodness together. This is a casual gathering, just a place to grow in relationship and be encouraged. Contact Stuart and Deearn on 0210495820, or email queries to email@example.com
- Ohauiti – David and Angella Kidd have a home church meeting in a home at Atkins Way, Ohauiti. They write ‘We hold a regular church service most Saturday mornings for those who attend weekly. All are welcome. We strive for unity in diversity to the glory of God. It’s very important to us to be growing in sharing God’s love through sharing the gospel and sharing Christ’s love practically by reaching out to the needs of those in our group and in the community. We have a friendly affiliation with an international church called Church of God 7th Day with whom we share most doctrines.’
Contact David Kidd on 07 5444164 or 04021282124, or see the website www.churchofgodslove.com, or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew and Irene Stirling have opened their home for those who prefer a Home Church type gathering. Andrew has written a book on house churches called ‘Why I love Home Churches’ Contact them by email or phone Andrew on 021 054 9777
- Rotorua – Contact Jan and Andy Morton Ph (07) 348 6297 or Jan on 027 900 3512, or email email@example.com
- Taupo – Contact Carl & Edith Russell Ph (07) 378-9302, or 0276 277 200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Carl and Edith have a focus on grace, and just on being who we are in Christ as per Gal 2:20
- Waikanae Cafe Church. This home church has been going since 2004, and meets on Sundays at 10.00am in various homes in the Kapiti region. Contact Jack and Averil Guerin or Ph. (04) 902 3895 or contact Jack on 027 444 0426
- Sunday evening home church. This home church meets on Sunday evenings in the Waikanae area. Contact Robin and Margaret Corner or Ph. (04) 905 9321 or contact Robin on 022 328 1757
- Thursday evening home church. This is a more informal home church that meets on Thursday evenings in the Waikanae area. Contact Jack and Averil Guerin or Ph. (04) 902 3895 or contact Jack on 027 444 0426
- Friday Whanua Frenzy house church. Leader Paul Devereux writes; “A casual group of people sharing life together. Don’t expect anything like a Sunday morning service. We aim to be a supportive family in all aspects of life. We are all ages and races – Pakeha, Maori, African and even Arabic! Friday dinner together, Wednesday study. Some of us also go to a regular church on Sunday.” Contact Paul Devereux or Ph. 022 053 3618
- Lower Hutt Phil Astley runs a home church in this area – Email Phil on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Picton – Contact Graham & Margaret Burtenshaw, Phone 03-573-6928 or email them at email@example.com. This group meets on Sunday mornings often in a cafe setting. Phone in advance for more details.
- Tapawera – Wilton and Janelle Gray have a home church in Tapawera on Tuesday nights, and also meet on Sundays. Phone Janelle on 027 661 4160 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone in advance for more details.
- Michael and Julie Arndt – are leading a group of several of house churches in Christchurch, collectively called Bethabara. Contact Michael on 03 331 8349 or see their River of Life website here
- Vin & Margaret Carey and Steve & Jenny Deans have run a home church for over 10 years that meets at 10am Sunday mornings in various homes ranging from Peel Forest, Temuka and Timaru. Email Vin Carey or phone Vin on 03 688 8635 or call Steve on 03 696 3509 or his cell 027 305 0400. Email Steve Deans. All welcome!
- Grace Christian Fellowship, Richmond, Invercargill -Ron & Julia Maynard ph (3) 215 9663 or email